Current Style: Standard
Old Town with the Market Square – Konrad Mańka square, that originally was rectangle on the east-west axis. The patron of the square is a scout, member of a resistance organisation ”Orzeł Biały” (White Eagle) who was arrested and sentenced to death by the Nazis in 1942. The present square shape of the market square dates back to 1821 after a great fire. The contemporary developments are made by 19th and 20th century tenement houses – the oldest was built in 1792-1793 and used to belong to the town treasurer. On the facade there is a commemorating plate to Paweł Golaś, an outstanding commander of the Silesian Insurrections. Recently the square was provided with stylish lighting, paved surface and elements of small architecture. Also all the houses were painted anew. The square became a vir-tual centre, frequented by the inhabitants and guests
Little Market Square
The Market Square is extended by the socalled Little Market Square, used to be called salt or duck square. A town green square was arranged there.
Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate Monastery, Piłsudskiego Street 6
The church of St. Stanislaw Kostka was build in years 1928- 1931, initially as a Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate Seminary chapel. The church along with the historic building of former institute of education for orphans of Franciszek Grotowski foundation that was built in years 1843- 1848 make an architectural complex. Presently, in the building is Complex of Schools named after Edith Stein KSW lead by Catholic Association of Educators. One should also visit the grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes, statue of St. Eugene de Mazenod, a founder of the Oblates of Mary Immaculate, interesting stained glass from 50s of 20th century and the statue of blessed Joseph Cebula OMI.
Hotel Castle Zamek Lubliniec, Grunwaldzka Street 48 (034) 373-78-90
An initially defensive medieval castle was in 16th and 17th century transformed into the representative palace building, at first with the Baroque character then Classicistic and pseudo- Renaissance.
In August 1638 Polish king Władysław IV Vasa stayed there and in 1655 Icon of Our Lady of Jasna Góra was held there. In years 1849 – 1879 the castle was the home to courts. After 1893 it was purposed to be a hospital for mentally ill. Till 70s. of 20th century it functioned as one of the pavilions of Mental Hospital. Over the years the castle was devastated and ruined. Now, in private hands, after complete renovation hotel and restaurant are there so the castle again returned to past glorious days.
Defensive bunker from 1939 on Kochcicka Górka
The defensive position of 74 Upper Silesian Infantry Regiment that defended the city against German forces charging at Lubliniec from the side of Olesno.
Complex of Schools No 1 named after A. Mickiewicz
At present, Complex of Schools No 1 named after A. Mickiewicz in Lubliniec is located on Sobieski Street 22. Since 1977 it is created from the merge of Secondary School and Secondary Economic School. The first one is a continuation of tradition of the high school in Lubliniec dated to year 1922.
The main initiator of the creation of the school was Jan Szymała, a priest coming from Dobrzeń Wielki near Opole, the ardent Polish patriot, chaplain of Silesian insurgent troops, then the clergyman of 74 Upper- Silesian Infantry Regiment stationed in Lubliniec.
In 1929 the school obtained the domicile existing till now. Then, it was one of the most modern buildings in Polish education and nowadays, it is magnificent prove of reliability of builders, the functionality of different solutions and of the brightness of architectural thought. In the years 1925- 1932 the high school educated kindly Polish youth from Śląsk Opolski (Opole Silesia), a part of Poland belonging to Germany then. The high level of didactic work altogether with values of patriotic education and with the solidity of material basis of the school made it one of the most interesting establishments of secondary education in the Upper Silesia in the interwar period.
Now, about 800 students learn in Complex of Schools. They develop rapidly their abilities also by participating in the extracurricular activities.
Jewish Cemetery, 11 Listopada Street
Jewish community created a Jewish cemetery in 1845. On its area there was created a single-storeyed building including: a chapel, mortuary, room for ritual ablutions and dwelling of gravedigger. The cemetery was walled in by the red brickwork and had two gates that exist to date. The whole area was divided into three parcels as the children, men and women were buried separately. Within 100 years of its existence 1117 deceased of Mosaic confession were buried there. Among them were the relatives of Edith Stein such as: grandmother Adelaide Courant nee Burchard (+1883), grandfather Solomon Courant (+1896) and her elder brothers Ernest (born in 1887 in Gliwice, dead in 1882 in Lubliniec) and Richard (dead in 1887, lived for 7 days). Jewish cemetery was closed by Germans in 1939. It was taken over by the state in 1958 and in 1983 the highly devastated terrain was passed in perpetuity to Liga Obrony Kraju (National Defense League). They changed it to the drivers training centre.
There was separated only the symbolic memorial place with the tomb of Koenigsberger family and a lapidary from the remained tombstones.
After numerous attempts in 2008 to local authorities managed to regain and restored the area its honour.