Wyświetlanie treści

  • Black/White
  • White/Black
  • Yellow/Blue
  • Standard

Current Style: Standard

Churches

Error message

  • Notice: Undefined index: access in _menu_translate() (line 778 of /home/platne/serwer21515/public_html/Lubliniec/includes/menu.inc).
  • Notice: Undefined index: access in _menu_translate() (line 778 of /home/platne/serwer21515/public_html/Lubliniec/includes/menu.inc).
  • Notice: Undefined index: access in menu_local_tasks() (line 1892 of /home/platne/serwer21515/public_html/Lubliniec/includes/menu.inc).
  • Notice: Undefined index: access in menu_local_tasks() (line 1892 of /home/platne/serwer21515/public_html/Lubliniec/includes/menu.inc).
  • Notice: Undefined property: view::$row_index in calendar_plugin_style->render() (line 291 of /home/platne/serwer21515/public_html/Lubliniec/sites/all/modules/calendar/includes/calendar_plugin_style.inc).
Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

Church of Saint Nicolas, Św. Mikołaja Street 2

The parish church is located next to the Market in place of an earlier church that was built around 1300. Brick church in its present form was built probably in the years 1576-1590. Since then, it was rebuilt several times preserving remnants of Gothic and Baroque features. Inside there are two chapels: north– belonging to Kochcicki family with the burial crypt of founders, and the south, an early baroque – Cellary family, of St. Charles Borromeo. In the church tower is the bell, of the Gothic inscription one of the oldest in the area.

The pride of the church is beautiful, historic pipe organ of Schlag und Söhne company from 1905. It was completely restored in 2008-2010.

 

Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate Monastery, Piłsudskiego Street 6

 

The church of St. Stanislaw Kostka was build in years 1928- 1931, initially as a Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate Seminary chapel. The church along with the historic building of former institute of education for orphans of Franciszek Grotowski foundation that was built in years 1843- 1848 make an architectural complex. Presently, in the building is Complex of Schools named after Edith Stein KSW lead by Catholic Association of Educators. One should also visit the grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes, statue of St. Eugene de Mazenod, a founder of the Oblates of Mary Immaculate, interesting stained glass from 50s of 20th century and the statue of blessed Joseph Cebula OMI.

 

Small church of St. Anne

 

The wooden, log structured, charming small church from 1653 is covered with shingled roof, in the middle of which is a hexagonal tower of signature. Inside is a wonderful Baroque altar from the second half of 17th century. The small church and its interior were redecorated several times and in the years 1998- 2002 the church was completely rebuilt thanks to the efforts of the Foundation of Saint Anne.

Next to the church is a square of Stein Family created on the property that used to belong to the grandparents of Edith Stein and where her parents and siblings had lived in for some time.


Church of Saint Teresa Benedicta of the Cross (Edith Stein), Żeromskiego Street 2

 

In Lubliniec is the first in the world parish church dedicated to the Patroness of Europe – St. Teresa Benedicta of the Cross, Edith Stain. It was consecrated in 1991. In the church is the plaque dedicated to police officers from Lubliniec murdered in Katyn and Mednoye. One can also find there modern stained glass and the sculpture of the patroness in the presbytery.

In the second anniversary of granting the Patronage of the Saint to Lubliniec in from of the church was situated the sculpture commemorating Edith Stein. The sculpture was made by Natalia Leykiny, a Ukrainian artist, in August 2010 during I International Sculpture Plein- Air in Lubliniec that was dedicated to the Patroness of Europe and her message.

 

Church of Exaltation of the Holy Cross

The church founded about 1505 by John the Good, Diuk of Opole, originally was wooden, built on a cruciform plan. In the years 1843 – 1845 at the same place was  built a brick church. In the interwar years it was a garrison church for the soldiers stationed in Lubliniec 74 Uppersilesian Infantry Regiment. Next to the church is the sculpture of Christ with the cross, renovated in the years 2008 – 2009, the Cross with Our Lady of Sorrows and Mission Cross.

Across the street is the Parish House, whereon in 1995 was placed the relief by Edith Stein of Stanisław Dąbrowski, a sculptor from Kiev.

 

Church in Kokotek - Blessed Virgin Mary